Herdbooks controlled by the Argentine Limousin Breeders’ Association
- a) Grade Up Limousin: It is a collective herd book focused on outstanding animals with 7/8 Limousin blood or more.
It is an open and selective herd book which will only include breeding male stock that fulfill basic conditions that underscore breed-improvement, and females with outstanding features that will mother breed-improvement stock. It will focus on desirable features in meat producing breeding stock. The purpose of this herd book is to achieve herd with high added value since it is guaranteed by the Limousin Breeders’ Association. The herd book will target male and female breeding stock with no less than 7/8 Limousin blood with no registered genealogy or those that cannot or do not wish to be included in the Full Blood Herd Book for reasons other than phenotypical features and are outstanding in their breed standard and exceptional zootechnical features. These herd books register cattle from services whose bulls/sires are registered in the Full Blood Herd Book Open to Full Blood.
- b) 3/4 Limousin Blood: A collective herd book that includes “Limousin crossing” cattle, produced through absorption, with up to 3/4 Limousin blood.
- c) 1/2 Limousin Blood: A collective herd book that includes “Limousin crossing” cattle, produced through absorption, with up to 1/2 Limousin blood.
These herd books register cattle from crossings coming from services whose bulls are registered in the Full Blood Herd Book Open to Full Blood.
Herd book jointly supervised by the Argentine Rural Society and the Argentine Limousin Breeders’ Association
- d) Open Full Blood: It a progressive genealogic herd book that comprises three sections: BASIS, PRPARATORY (1 AND 2) and DEFINITE.
The Argentine Rural Society implements the herd books and ALBA checks up breeding stock for approval.
Limousin Full Blood Herd Book is supervised by the Argentine Rural Society
- e) Full Blood Herd Book: It is a Herd Book for breeding stock from the closed French Full Blood Herd Books or imported from another country or offspring from service by breeding stock from this full blood herd book.